Friday, July 22, 2005

Serendipity

I've never fully believed in fate or destiny, but don't get me wrong -- I'd love to think the concept exists. I mean, we all do, right? Even the most cynical, bitter ones of us do. Who are we kidding here? We've all - at one point in our lives or another - believed in the very same concept that says two people who are "meant to be" will, against all odds, find each other.

Out of 6,446,131,400 people in this world, it appears that each one of us has some magical and inherent power to find our soulmate -- the one person who, when found, will complete us.

Right.

Forgive me if I sound a little doubtful. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me for something like that to be even remotely possible. I saw Serendipity, and I'm not buying into that (although I did think it was a cute movie though).

But something happened two days ago though that makes me wonder.

I was walking towards the bus when I saw a girl wearing an outfit I really liked (and earrings I wanted for myself). She was walking in the opposite direction, and there was nothing really special or different about her. If it weren't for the fact that I was going shopping later on that day and made a mental note to peruse the jewelry section, I probably wouldn't even remember her.

So I walk along and go on with the rest of my day.

FOUR hours later, in a completely different part of the city, I spot Earring Girl again! This time, just as she did earlier that day, she hurriedly walks past me to leave the mall, as I slowly make my way in.

Incredible. In a city of over 700,000 people, what are the odds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home